Powered by Blogger.
RSS

OMG I'm Flying Today!

San Diego, Ca. from Wikimedia Commons
Today is the big day! I'm heading off to travel across the country for a huge writer's conference specifically for women. It is quite a big deal since I've never actually stepped foot onto a plane before. I'm a little terrified, but the excitement about the trip is putting my nerves to rest.

I'll be traveling from my hometown of Blakeslee, Pa all the way to San Diego, Ca. I know there are many frequent fliers out there thinking it isn't a big deal, but for me this is huge. I'm not well traveled although my dad used to be a truck driver and on occasion I'd go with him for ride in the 18-wheeler. I've seen a few places but I was so young that I don't really remember them. The last real trip my family took was to Maryland which is a 4 hour drive away. It was an awesome trip, but not the same as flying somewhere I've never been with no family in site for thousands of miles.

I was lucky enough to be chosen to represent Twin Trinity Media at the writing conference so it will be a mix of both business and pleasure. I wish I could come up with more words for how excited I am. I'm being lazy so I won't look up the synonyms now.

This is the first time I'll be leaving my children behind. My kids are 10 and 7, quite self-sufficient, but I'll miss them none-the-less and it feels so weird to be leaving them. It is only for 4 days, but it seems like such a long time!

My plane leaves later this morning. I'll be updating from the different destinations I land at if and when I can. During my travels I'll be blogging here, at my food blog, and at my writer website while I'm at the BlogHer '11 Conference in San Diego. I hope you'll enjoy following me and reading about my travels!

Love,
The Village Drifter

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Michelle L. Devon said...

I hope the flight was uneventful and exciting! Loved seeing you and Lindsay together in the photo, two happy smiling faces! Ya'll rock! Have a fantastic trip!

Post a Comment